Tomorrow is a big day for my little blog. Well, kind of. Mostly just a big commitment for my little blog. :) I'm kicking off another 31 day series hosted by The Nester, which means I'll be posting every. single. day. during the month of October (what?! October already?!), all relating to my theme:
I'm super excited to share a new project everyday made (almost) entirely of 2x4s. Why 2x4s? I'm glad you asked. One of my favorite projects has been the outdoor sectional we built last summer. When we built it, we modified the original plans (by Ana White) to use 2x4s instead of other lumber because we found out how much cheaper those boards are. So that got me wondering, what other awesome things could we make using this cheapest form of lumber? And so was born my theme for the month. But I'll have more details about that tomorrow when we kick things off. Today I just want to talk about this little giveaway....
I'm hoping by the end of this series some of you will be inspired to actually DIY some of these projects yourselves. And because I am an enabler, I've decided to enable two lucky readers with a giveaway! At the end of my 31 days, I will be giving away TWO gift cards that you can put toward 2x4s to tackle any project from my series (but no hard feelings if you would rather put it toward a new roof or a dishwasher or paint for your cabinets). But not just any giftcards. Two $100 giftcards. That's right.
Plus, just by entering the giveaway you can help children in need. More about that after the contest details.
Here are the details:
- Prize: One (1) $100 gift card to Lowe's or Home Depot, winner to choose
- Winners: Two (2) separate $100 winners will be chosen via Random.org
- Giveaway Closes: Wednesday, November 7, 2012 @ 11:59PM Central Time (so you have a whole extra week to complete any entries from the series). All posts close at that time, so you can enter on each post up until the last day. Winners will be drawn and contacted by November 9th and announced shortly after that.
- How to Enter: We've created a special widget that will help you keep track of your entries (and ensure a fair contest)! Log in once to the widget at the bottom of any day's post (starting with day 1) with Facebook and you'll be logged in for the entire series. It's really cool, it tells you which entries you've already made and how many entries you have total. I hope it adds to the fun and ease of participating :-). More details (with screenshots!) in the FAQ below. Why Facebook?
- Facebook identity verification means only real people can enter the giveaway, and they can't spam it using multiple e-mail addresses or other people's names
- We get your e-mail address and name (and that's all) directly from Facebook and keep them hidden, so there are no typos, no leaving your e-mail address in a comment for everyone on the Internet to see, and with 31 possible days to enter (4 ways each day), you don't want to type your information over and over. As long as you stay logged into Facebook, you will only have to sign in to the contest the one time.
- Since your entries are all being associated with the same e-mail address, we can provide a fun, personalized, interactive widget that is actually USEFUL!
- Here are the ways to enter each day:
- Leave a Comment - just leave a comment on any series post for one entry. And better yet, you get an entry for each post you comment on. So if you comment on each post, that is 31 entries. :) You will need to copy and paste the date/time that your comment was made and put it in the widget to finish your entry.
- Share Posts on Facebook - For each post you share from my series on Facebook, you get another entry. So if you come back everyday to share the newest post you can earn up to 31 more entries! You will need to indicate that you've shared it in the widget to finish your entry.
- Pin It - For each post you pin to Pinterest from my series, you get another entry. So if you come back everyday to pin the newest post (or even pin them all in the same day) you can earn up to 31 more entries! Please use the "Pin It" button at the bottom of each post. You will need to enter your Pinterest URL in the widget to finish your entry. To find your Pinterest URL: Go to Pinterest.com, log in, and click "boards" in the dropdown with your name and picture. Copy the URL for that page (http://www.pinterest.com/USERNAME).
- Build it - this is the big one. For each project I'll be including a cost estimate to complete it. For each project you build (and submit to be shared on MoreLikeHome.net), you will get the same number of entries as the cost estimate. So if I estimate $15, you get 15 entries. If I estimate $50, you get 50 entries. Make sense? To get these entries, send an email about your completed project including pictures I can post (or a link to a blog post with pictures, be sure to link back!) to: MoreLikeHome (a t) gmail (d o t) com. Most projects can be completed in a single day! Entries won't be added to your total until we get your e-mail and review it, but please fill out the widget (not required, but helpful) for that day when you send the e-mail.
- Start getting entries on day 1.
- Additional Entries: These entries do not require logging in with Facebook and will not be included in your entry count or the total entry count on the widget.
- Follow/Like Me - follow my blog and/or Like it on Facebook (see the sidebar) for up to 2 free entries. Leave a comment ON THIS POST (include your e-mail address) letting me know you follow/like (two comments if you do both).
For every 500 Facebook, Pinterest and comment entries, we will be donating a dollar to Compassion, a Non-Profit that has been helping children all over the world break the cycle of poverty since 1952. We have made room in our budget to sponsor children through Compassion since we got married, and plan to continue forever - if we live that long :-).
500 entries seem like too many? Remember that each reader can enter 3 times per day for 31 days, that's almost 100 entries each! That makes $1.00 for every 5 readers...not so bad. Because of the way the giveaway is structured, most of the entries will come in the last few days, but don't wait or you might forget! As a side note, please consider sponsoring a child along with us!
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Why do I have to sign in with Facebook? - It's very difficult to manage a big giveaway. Using Facebook login allows us to verify you are an actual person, gives us two reliable ways to contact winners (Facebook and E-mail), and helps cut down on spam entries...that way everyone has the same opportunity to win. Facebook login also allows us to provide a more fun, interactive giveaway experience. If you choose not to sign in with Facebook you are still eligible for the "Additional Entries" and "Build It" entries mentioned above.
- My spouse/friend/child-over-age-12 wants to enter on this computer, but I'm signed in. - Go to Facebook.com and sign out of Facebook. When you refresh MoreLikeHome.net you will be back to the login screen where a second person can log in and enter.
- I don't have a Facebook account! - Good news! You can get a free account at www.facebook.com
- I tried to log in but the "Log In" button won't go away. - This happens sometimes to Internet Explorer users, please try using Firefox or Chrome.
- I'm getting another error in the giveaway widget. - Sorry about that, please let us know by sending an e-mail to MoreLikeHome (a t) gmail (d o t) com, preferably with a screenshot. We'll do everything we can to make it right.
- What information do you collect from Facebook? - We collect only the information we need to contact you if you win - Name and E-mail. You will also submit information that will help us validate your entries, like Pinterest URL (so we can check if you actually pinned that day). None of this information will be used for ANY other purpose than selecting and contacting a winner.
- I really need help with the widget, can you show me screen shots? - No problem!
- Sign in for the first time (this step is only required once):
- Click Log In with Facebook (you agree to share your name and e-mail address so we can contact you if you win, this step is only required once):
- You may have to refresh the page to go on. If the "Log In" button doesn't go away after refreshing, please try using Firefox or Chrome.
After completing the requirement for an entry (e.g. leave a comment), select the type of entry you want to make (you can do each in turn):
- Enter the required information and click "Go".
- Congratulations, you've entered the giveaway! Refresh the page to see your updated entry count and see a check mark next to the entry you just completed.
- Repeat for each day's post! If you have any other questions, please submit them to MoreLikeHome (a t) gmail (d o t) com. We want you to enjoy this series and the giveaway. Good luck!