Happy Saturday friends! I hope you are NOT spending your Saturday organizing your freezer (get outside before winter gets here and ruins everything!) but if you are here's a quick little freezer facelift I tackled last week. First, the before (a.k.a the villain):
- top left - ice. only ice. no waffles
- top middle - ice cream. not to be confused with "ice." (helpful hint - buy ice cream by the bucket. it's a much better deal and then you ALWAYS have ice cream in the house. win win)
- top right - staple type foods (bread, tortillas, yeast, waffles, etc. a.k.a. the carb basket)
- bottom left - easy meals (ravioli, orange chicken, etc.)
- bottom middle - meat. this is one of those good reasons to organize your freezer. I had a whole basket of meat in there and had no idea.
- bottom right - vegetables. including no less than 3 bags of green beans. note to self: stop buying green beans. you have enough.
- top left - frozen berries & fruits. while I have 3 bags of green beans, I have only 1 bag of berries. Note to self: buy berries.
- top right - frozen bananas (my ice cream when I'm feeling healthy)
- bottom left - chocolate chips (it's perfectly normal to have a chocolate chips section)
- bottom right - broth and cheese. I may need to expand my cheese section.
Anybody else organized a freezer lately? What tricks do you have? Any tips for organizing a deep freeze? Would you like a cracker with that yogurt?