I know we all think our moms have the best recipes and I'm no different. But seriously, this is the best egg bake recipe I have ever tasted. Ever. My mom has tweaked it to perfection and now I enjoy it pretty often as a yummy (and oh-so easy) hot breakfast. I make this anytime it's my turn to bring breakfast to Sunday school because it's so easy and can feed a crowd. I mix it up the night before and just pop it in the oven in the morning!
Best Ever Egg Bake
- 6 slices bread, (white works better but you can use whatever you have)
- 12 eggs
- 2 c. milk
- 1 c. shredded cheddar (or more. or a different kind of cheese. or no cheese.)
- yummy add-ins - any cooked meat or vegetable you like
2. Beat together milk & eggs. Pour over dry ingredients in your casserole dish and then pat everything down to get it covered as well as you can.
3. Refrigerate overnight. (this is so important! It lets the bread really soak things up and you dish will cook much better.)
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes (or until it starts to brown on the edges).
That's it. Like I said, it's super easy. And the yummy-to-effort ratio is very high. :) Baby B even loves it. Especially when he gets to eat off of my plate. Although he does tend to be partial to avocados. Hmmmm... maybe that will be my next egg bake experiment? :)
What is your favorite easy breakfast?