And it just so happens she is having a link-up party
Okay, a little anticlimactic, I know. We haven't really made any progress in the last few months (see our game plan here) and our kitchen is full of imperfections. Dishes everywhere, missing drawer fronts, still unpainted cabinets, plywood countertop, taped outline of where the peninsula will run, uninstalled cabinets.... But we're looking for beauty here, right? So things that are beautiful in these picture:
- that little boy on the floor (too easy?)
- the way Baby B so enthusiastically pulls those dishes out every day
- it is ours so we are free to make the changes that we want
- the size - it's much bigger than our last kitchen so we have room to move, grow, and make changes
- the openness - it has wonderful flow with the rest of the house since we took out the wall between the kitchen & living room
- new metal shelves
- the white dishes and that they are out where we can enjoy them now
- the huge amount of countertop space
- the sink of my dreams (even if it's not installed yet)
- the mismatched cabinets that, though imperfect, add lots of storage for $12 total
- glass flour & sugar jars on the counter
- the pattern on this cabinet that will will replicate on our existing cabinets (I mostly wanted to show you how badly we need hardware on this cabinet. That towel blocks the door from closing all the way so we can get it open and the paint stick in the drawer gives leverage to pry it open. Ha.)
- pretty (and working!!!) stove & microwave
- working fridge (I just cleaned it off and it looks a hundred times better. I just took down all the recipes and pictured from the front and moved all the dishes that were sitting on top to the basement. It seriously made a huge difference!)
- did I mention that little boy? He's trying to chew through a container of oranges right here. He did chew through a packet of taco seasoning the other day. Yuck.
- the corner pantry that gives us TONS of storage
- a daffodil getting ready to bloom!
Do you ever get hung up looking at the imperfections? Where do you need to look for beauty? Blog about it and join the link-up party at The Nesting Place!