Hello November! While I had fun with my 31 day series last month, I'm glad to be back to our regularly scheduled sporadic-at-best posting. :) If you haven't entered our $100 Lowe's gift card giveaway, it's not too late - the drawing closes November 7th! Anyway, now that the crazy is over we're chillaxin' and enjoy some fall goodness. One of our favorite ways to ring in the season is with one of N's favorite family recipes - pumpkin bread!
4 1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup oil
1 can pumkin
1 cup water
5 1/4 cup flour
3 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons cloves
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoons allspice
3/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 cups nuts, raisins or chocolate chips (chocolate chips are our fave!)
- Beat together sugar, oil, and eggs.
- Stir in pumpkin and water.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Turn into a greased loaf pan. (I used four bread pans, but my MIL uses lots of small pans. Great for gifting!)
- Bake at 350 degrees 1 hour or longer until it tests done.
I'm testing out some changes to make it a little more health-friendly. Just because, you know, healthier bread = I can eat more without feeling guilty. :) I'll let you know how it goes. In the meantime, anybody want trick-or-treat pictures of Baby B???
What is your favorite fall recipe? Did you have any sweet costumes this year?