LOL because I probably made this same resolution every January 1st for the past five years.
But here we are, and forward we go.
Now I'm hoping to tack down just a couple solid mini-goals to help keep myself in check (if I remember long enough to make it to a check point. Obvs.). So here you have it. The 2017 "mama's gotta get it together" game plan:
- Meal Plan. At least the dinners for the whole week. And have like a shopping day to get all the things to make all those meals. I hear it's a thing people do.
- Cleaning Schedule. Fact: I printed out a daily and monthly cleaning schedule a friend showed me a few weeks ago. I even laminated it and hung it on the fridge. I haven't followed that list one single day.
- Write in our Funny Boy Journals. I keep them on my nightstand, and I'm going to start writing in them at least a couple times a week. Ideally every night. This is priority uno because these little books are some of my most prized possessions and there is a gold mine of funny in this house.
But jk that's not totally it because I like to bite off more than I can chew/remember so I also made another short list of unrelated goals. As follows:
- Spend at least 1 hour outside every day. Unless it's way bitter cold. Or we're sick. Or I have another really good reason. (I like a healthy amount of loophole in my resolutions)
- Read more.
- Look at my phone less.
- Watch these boys play more. And remember they're only little a little while and make the most of it. How's that for a vague, guilt-ridden goal? It's like the perfect storm of resolution-making.
- Oh, and buy a cheap/crappy camper, fix it up, blog about the whole thing, and go camping on the weekends. Husband will be glad we did this and have lots of fun.
But, seriously, whatever we do this year, I'm just glad these are the guys I get to do it with.
What do you want to do with your 2017?