Paint can make a huge statement with only a small investment. Today we'll look at a several ways to use paint in your home.
There are SO many ways painting can be used to find beauty in your home. Sometimes a fresh coat of paint it all it takes to find the potential you're looking for! And it's a really affordable way to make a dramatic change - you can get a gallon of interior paint (my fave, Olympic No-VOC from Lowe's) for about $23, spray paint for anywhere from $1-6, or use craft or acrylic paints that can cost less than $1 each. Let's look at a few easy ways we can use this paint to spiff up our spaces:
1. Paint the walls - a coat of paint is pretty easy to pull off, and can make your room instantly feel, fresher, brighter, warmer, cozier, or however else you want it to feel! Painting our master suite definitely took it from dingy old cave to bright and inviting.
2. Paint your furniture - Whether you use house paint (like we did on our yellow dresser makeover) or spray paint (like I used on the blue chair makeover) painting a piece of furniture is a super easy way to add a bold pop of color and create interest in your home.
3. Paint the cabinets - I know we all want a beautiful new kitchen, and we can have it on a budget! Just break out the paint brushes and give those cabinets the fresh new face they've been begging for. We are planning to paint our cabinets a crisp, clean white, but I also love a good splash of color like green or blue.
4. Paint the trim - wood trim is beautiful, but if you want to give your home a bright facelift, consider painting it bright white. Everything in your home will start to pop against it.
5. Paint some art - you don't have to have any previous art experience, so don't let that stop you! Just pick up sale frame from Michael's or Hobby Lobby, or you can even paint on paper and frame it. There are plenty of tutorials to make your own art, like this simple dot painting tutorial. Look up some inspiration pictures online, and then just go for it!
6. Paint accessories - you can find great accessories for your home, from lamps to vases to mirrors, at thrift stores or yard sales (or even already in your home!) for next to nothing. Always look at the shape and structure of accessories, because they may be just a coat of paint away from being a great piece in your home. I picked up my salt and pepper shakers knowing I would be able to dress them up with a coat of spray paint.
7. Get creative! - Don't be afraid to make a big statement with stripes, a fun pattern, or a bold color. Remember, it's just paint and worse case scenario you can just paint it again! Happy painting!
Have you painted anything to unlock its potential?