But back on track: I finally hung the second sconce in our bedroom.
I did the first one
a few several weeks ago when I built our new crate nightstands... and it didn't go great. There was trial with too much error, and way too many holes in the wall. All of which I chalked up to a combo of bad planning and user error. My bad, guys. It took me a while to work up to doing the other one.
But after a few weeks of a lamp sitting on my tiny nightstand while the sconce took up my whole dresser, I was ready. And this time it went much smoother. So hopefully you can learn from my mistakes from the first time around.
But before we get to all that, let me tell you about these scones. This is the recipe I use: Kevin's Famous Scones. And now for the sconces. I knew I wanted something either wall-mounted or hanging since our nightstands have so little surface area to begin with. I had a vague idea of what I wanted - something with moveable arm that would make it easier to reach from bed - but honestly hadn't even started shopping around. Then one day at goodwill BOOM a pair of sconces for $5 each.